Mount Pearl Paradise Skating Club is hosting the Eastern Divisionals at the Glacier Arena on Saturday January 12 & Sunday January 13. Our Club relies on the support of its members to be successful when hosting competitions and are reaching out now to ensure a great event!
We are looking for volunteers to donate their time or if you don’t have time to donate we are also looking for food donations. There are different areas during the competition that we need help – see below for information on the various duties and links to sign up to volunteer your time. You can bring your skater along with you so they can help out too!
If you are interested in donating a food item please sign up using the google doc found here.
The deadline to sign up for food items is Wednesday Jan 9th @ 5pm.
• The registration table has to be manned each day starting 1 hour before competition starts and continue all day until last skater has left the ice surface
• welcome skaters
• sign skater music in and out before and after their skate
• confirm skater attendance on schedule
SIGN UP FOR REGISTRATION HERE:
• The Hospitality room should be manned around the scheduled breaks and flood times
• ensuring things are ready for officials, coaches & volunteers
• boiling kettle, tidying up, laying perishables out and putting them away
SIGN UP FOR HOSPITALITY HERE:
• Ice Captain duties start each day 1 hour before competition start and continue all day until last skater has left the ice surface
• Ice Captains are required at entrance gate and exit gate for both days of competition
• Work directly with Senior Ice Captain to confirm Skaters are in dressing rooms 30 mins prior to their start time
• Advise skaters when to come to entrance gate as directed by Senior Ice Captain
SIGN UP FOR ICE CAPTAIN HERE:
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out
Thanks in advance for your support to make this a successful event!